Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First Tween

Today was my first day and it was very sloooooooooooooooowwww. I was tweening a baseball pitcher. It took me about three hours to do three drawings. Well that also includes the time I spent listening to other's suggestions and instructions. I hear 1 hour per drawing is normal for Tweening and that a beginner could take up to 3-4 hrs on one. Nonetheless it seems I was pretty unproductive.

I had to get used to the light table. It's pretty neat drawing with the right equipment but since I had to draw with a sheet placed on top of two key frames, the key drawings just over lapped and it was a little hard to decide where exactly the middle drawing should be. I had to constantly flip the three sheets of paper, which, I guess, is the way it's suppose to be done.

Spoken like a true newbie.

It's also a little awkward to picture the motion of the images verses focus on one drawing. I had to imagine how each movement will take place, how the volume of an object or body part distorts with the foreshortening, and things like that.

Overall it was a really good first day, though my performance could probably have been better. People at the studio were every helpful and friendly. The studio is located in uptown and has a staff of only 5-6 people. It's pretty amazing how such a small group can pump out such great work!

No comments: